Swiggy is a food delivery company based in India. It was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Bengaluru. The company allows customers to order food from local restaurants through their website or mobile app. The food is then delivered to the customer by a Swiggy delivery executive. Swiggy also offers a subscription-based service called “Swiggy Go” which allows customers to order groceries, fresh produce, and other household items. It has expanded to various Indian cities and is considered one of the most popular food delivery platform in India.
Steps to create business on swiggy:
- Research local street vendors and assess the quality and popularity of their food.
- Negotiate a partnership with the vendors to collect their food items for resale on Swiggy.
- Get a food vendor license and register your business with the local health department.
- Ensure that the food you collect from the vendors is properly packaged and labeled.
- Create a menu and pricing structure for the items you will be selling on Swiggy.
- Create an account on Swiggy for your business.
- List your menu items on the Swiggy platform and start receiving orders.
- Coordinate with the vendors to ensure timely delivery of food items to customers.
- Monitor your sales, customer feedback, and make adjustments as necessary.
Is this business profitable ?
It is possible for a street food vendor business to be profitable, but it depends on a number of factors such as competition, location, pricing, and the quality of the food.
Some of the advantages of this business can be:
- Low overhead costs: Street food vendors typically have lower overhead costs than traditional restaurants, as they do not need to rent or maintain a physical storefront.
- Flexibility: Street food vendors have the flexibility to move their business to different locations, which can be an advantage if they find that a particular area is not generating enough sales.
- Potential for high volume sales: Street food vendors can generate high volume sales if they are located in busy areas with a lot of foot traffic.
However, there are also challenges that need to be considered such as:
- High competition: There may be a lot of street food vendors in the area, which can make it difficult to stand out and generate enough sales to be profitable.
- Regulations and Permits
What documents are required to sell food on Swiggy?
To sell food on Swiggy in India, you will need to meet certain regulatory requirements and provide the following documents:
- FSSAI License: This is a food safety and standards license that is required for all food business operators in India.
- GST registration: Goods and Services Tax registration is a mandatory requirement for all businesses in India.
- Health Trade License: This is a license issued by the local Municipal Corporation that certifies that your kitchen and food handling practices comply with the relevant health and safety standards.
- Food Safety and Hygiene certificate: This certificate is issued by a designated food safety officer and certifies that your food handling practices meet the relevant food safety standards.
- Insurance: You will need to have a liability insurance policy in place to protect your business against any potential food-related claims.
- Bank account: You will need to provide your bank account details to receive payments from Swiggy.